Meet Randy Cox
What do you currently do at UT?
- “Director of the Texas Speech Team”
When did you decide you wanted to work/get a degree in Communication?
- “Was planning to go to law school. Took a side trip into Comm in 1991 and never got back around to law school.”
What’s one of the most memorable things that happened during your Undergraduate Years?
- “I won a national title for the Texas Speech Team in 1991, and that was pretty cool!”
What’s one of the most memorable things that happened during your Graduate Years?
- “Got engaged to another grad student in the LBJ school. Got married right after we both completed our degrees.”
What was your Master's Thesis/PHD dissertation about?
- “Intention and Literary Interpretation”
What is your favorite Austin restaurant or eating place?
- “Pinthouse Pizza on Burnet is one of my favorite places”
If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring?
- “A multi-tool, a satellite phone, and a surfboard”
What movie genre is your favorite?
- “Black and white Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers films”
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- “Wait, what do you mean? I don’t have superpowers?”
If you could go back in time, what’s one piece of advice you would give to yourself?
- “Stay flexible. All the plans are going to change anyway.”
Where would you love to travel to next?
- “Germany’s southern mountains”
What are you proudest of?
- “My two kids, of course!
What is a fun fact about you that most people here don’t know?
- “Taught myself to play guitar when I was a teenager, and I am now an adult mediocre guitar player.”