Communication Studies seeks to understand communication and to improve its practice in a variety of relationships. We focus on two person and family communication, communication in small groups and in large organizations, communication across communities, the nature of language and symbols, and the nature of argument and persuasion in political settings and in social movements. We are a department recognized for its world-renowned researchers, top-ranked graduate programs, and award-winning teachers.
Grant Funding in ‘21-‘22
Current Ph.D./MA Students
Courses Offered in ’21-‘22
Texas Speech Team
- -Listen to Erin Donovan, Josh Gunn, Ash Kozsarek, Sam Shorey, and Talia Stroud speak about Sci-Fi!
- -The CMS Department is hosting a panel to educate grad students on how to submit papers to conferences and how to present at conferences.
- -Vanessa Beasley, President of Trinity University, will be awarded the Outstanding Grad Alum Award followed by a reception event.
- -Listen to Michael Butterworth, Robert Carroll, John Daly, Keri Stephens, Jürgen Streeck, and Meenakshi Yadav speak about action and adventure!
- -The CMS Department is working with scholars to host a workshop for graduate students looking to receive grants.