Meet Dina Inman Ramgolam
What do you currently do at UT?
- “I teach. Assistant Professor of Instruction.”
When did you decide you wanted to work/get a degree in Communication?
- “The first time I heard that it was a major.”
What’s one of the most memorable things that happened during your Undergraduate Years?
- “I met one of my mentors. She was one of my professors and we became fast friends. Up until then, I had no idea you could be friends with a professor. She would play an important role in my choice to go to graduate school.”
What’s one of the most memorable things that happened during your Graduate Years?
- “Defended my dissertation while pregnant with twins.”
What was your Master's Thesis/PHD dissertation about?
- “I explored the experience of time (e.g., is time speeding up?) when interacting via communication technologies while working.”
What is your favorite Austin restaurant or eating place?
- “Emmer and Rye (best food ever)”
If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you bring?
- “My iPad (for Audible), sunscreen, and flip flops.”
What movie genre is your favorite?
- “Mystery Drama.”
If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- “Endless energy.”
If you could go back in time, what’s one piece of advice you would give to yourself?
-“When making plans for your life and deciding on how you want to live--think outside the box--do things differently those around you.”
Where would you love to travel to next?
What are you proudest of?
- “My daughters.”
What is a fun fact about you that most people here don’t know?
- “I am a descendant of the first African American entrepreneur in the state of Texas. https://www.thestoryoftexas.com/discover/artifacts/wilson-pottery-spotlight-022715”