International Association of Business Communicators Student Chapter at Moody College of Communication
What is it?
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) enables a global network of communicators working in diverse industries and disciplines to identify, share, and apply the world’s best communication practices. IABC is recognized as the professional association of choice for communicators who aspire to excel in their chosen fields.
The organization works to advance the communication profession, create connection and develop strategic communicators.
What are the benefits?
Get insights from communication leaders around the world and supplement your academic education with practical training to get your career started.
- Tap into IABC’s network of global members to help you transition from school to professional life.
- Receive the same benefits offered to professional members at an 80% discount.
- Find out what it takes to enter the world of marketing, PR, corporate communication, advertising, HR, external communication, government relations and more!
Will being member help build my resume?
- Gain recognition by entering your communication plan in the student category of the Gold Quill Awards. This award recognizes young talent, rewards excellence and showcases some of the best communication work from university students around the world.
- Become a chapter leader and develop your knowledge of marketing, finance, project management, event planning and public speaking. Add these skills to your r sum and get your ideal job!
What will you do?
Enhance Your Knowledge
- Stay up to date on the latest industry trends with IABC’s online magazine, Communication World (CW).
- Research your next project using IABC’s extensive online library of books, articles and case studies.
- Solicit professional advice from your professional chapter.
- Participate in webinars, conferences and workshops led by industry profession
Access the Hidden Job Market
- Get insider advice on companies, job types and available positions at IABC’s online Job Centre. Take advantage of IABC’s global network to find internships, meet potential employers, find a mentor and fine-tune your interviewing skills.
- Following graduation, student members qualify for a transitional membership. Transitional membership offers the same benefits as professional membership at a reduced cost.
Who is eligible?
All student regardless of major can join (there are no GPA or specific academic major requirements to join). However, you will need to provide the following when applying (see application link below):
- A student ID (email a copy)
- One of the following:
- Copy of a recent transcript with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year
- Copy of a class schedule provided by the Registrar with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year
- Copy of a receipt for tuition payment with name of the institution, name of the student, and a date including the year
Interested in joining?
Click link to complete the online membership application.
The student membership fee of $49 is due at the time of your acceptance.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org once you have supplied IABC with all requirements. Be sure to include a screenshot with your IABC membership acceptance and we will add you to our chapter.
Contact the IABC chapter at email@example.com
Learn about upcoming meetings, chapter events, and annual conference information on our Instagram: @iabc.utaustin
Please visit the national IABC website for additional information.