Current LPH Chapter Officers
Lambda Pi Eta
National Communication Association
What is it?
LPH is a national honor society that recognizes outstanding student scholars in Communication. Here, at the Alpha Zeta Xi chapter in The Moody College of Communication, we work to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors.
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
Who is eligible?
Students who have:
- Completed 60 semester credit-hours
- Have a minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Completed 12 semester credit-hours in Communication Studies
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.25 for all Communication Studies courses
- Display a commitment to the field of communication
What will you do?
Members participate in a variety of events such as:
- Social events (e.g., host panels and/or mixers)
- Philanthropic events (e.g., conduct fundraisers and/or community service projects or drives)
- Academic and professional events/tasks (e.g., create tutoring or mentoring programs that pair students with other students or faculty members; participate in local/national conferences; host resume writing and interview skills workshops)
- Recruitment events/tasks (e.g., email eligible students; design flyers etc.)
Interested in joining?
Click here to complete an online membership application.
A one-time membership fee of $30 is due at the time of your acceptance.
The current LPH faculty advisor is Dr. Dina Inman Ramgolam. email@example.com
Contact the Alpha Zeta Xi chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about upcoming meetings, chapter events, and annual conference information on our Instagram.
Please visit the national Lambda Pi Eta website for additional information.